We have seen through the the past 18 months, how science has become politicized. What we have also seen, bad policies still being pursued.
A few observations on Climate science
- Michael Shellenberger in his book Apocalypse Never, acknowledge that much of the doom day prediction was mostly B .S. (Shellenberger still believes in AGW and that man is responsible for climate change but he is also apologizing for the scare tactics.
- Shellenberger notes that wind and solar by themselves are incapable of powering a modern economy and advocate for nuclear energy. https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/04/why-wind-and-solar-energy-are-doomed-to-failure.php
- This recent piece details California failures in energy policy. https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/04/why-wind-and-solar-energy-are-doomed-to-failure.php
- Steve Hayward details the issues with the science. https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/08/a-new-crisis-for-climate-science.php
- Changes in climate have happened in the past so what we are witnessing is what this planet witness in the past. https://notrickszone.com/2021/07/29/there-were-23-global-warming-jolts-many-times-faster-and-greater-than-modern-during-the-last-glacial/
- What the alarmist can’t answer is why our planet has been greening (hint: the increase of C02 is one reason.) https://notrickszone.com/2021/02/24/nasa-vegetation-index-globe-continues-rapid-greening-trend-sahara-alone-shrinks-700000-sq-km/ and https://notrickszone.com/2020/03/19/earth-is-greening-due-to-rising-co2-a-growing-greening-sink-offsets-17-years-of-equivalent-co2-emissions-by-2100/
- Climate alarmist don’t understand how this planet has seen the middle class increased by hundred of millions, poverty has decreased by two thirds, we are eating better diet than ever before and all health indexes are better with a population double we had 60 years ago. The reason is simple: human ingenuity.
- So major predictions have proven wrong.
- The only way we will see the disaster that alarmist predicts is we adopt their solutions to “save the world.” Massive famine and poverty will occur adopting the “Capitalist reset”, socialism and more government interventionist policy. Think Venezuela.
- United States have lowered CO2 emissions due to technology like fracking and use of natural gas. I could go but you get the point. Bad science produces bad policies.