The lockdowns should be seen as a failure and we have surrendered far too much of our freedom to stop this virus. We adopted measures not seen before in a Pandemic.
Government shut down businesses, schools, vaccine passports and mandates, a loss of freedom for a virus that killed 2 to 4 per 1000.
They failed for the following reasons:
- They failed to stop the virus spread and those state who had less restrictions did not see a significant death total per capita vs those states or countries that didn’t.
- States with less restrictions had less unemployment, better job creation.
- States more open had more children in classes.
- The number of screenings for chronic diseases, mental health issues increases shows other health issues were ignored.
- One study shows that as many as two people have died or will prematurely die as a result of these policies.
So if the economics falter, more people died from the other cases than the virus and children’s education interrupted. That is not a success but a failure. Those who are responsible for this needs to be defeated.